Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We are trying to eat healthier as far as getting some things like bulgar and wheat germ in our diets. These may not be low calorie but it is a way to get these extra grains into your diet!
- Mix all ingredients except baking powder and wheat germ, just until batter is smooth.
- Gently fold in baking powder with a spatula.
- Spoon batter onto griddle or Belgium waffler.
- Sprinkle honey crunch wheat germ lightly on top of each pancake or waffle before closing waffle iron.
- Cook until lightly browned around edges.
- Top with desired toppings- butter, syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream or ?.
- Makes 8 pancakes / 3 large waffles.
Great waffles! we really liked these, and they made a great hardy breakfast. we enjoyed them with homemade pear butter and they were delicious!
THESE ROCKED!! Very satisfying, good texture and the family highly approved..."you can make these again!" I doubled the recipe and it made 10 waffles 4.5 x 4" waffles (Krups waffle maker) I always make extra to freeze or pop in the toaster for breakfast during the week. I used plain wheat germ and about 3-4 tsps for the double batch.