Recipe by QueenJellyBean
We are trying to eat healthier as far as getting some things like bulgar and wheat germ in our diets. These may not be low calorie but it is a way to get these extra grains into your diet!
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon honey crunch wheat germ (or more to your tastes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except baking powder and wheat germ, just until batter is smooth.
- Gently fold in baking powder with a spatula.
- Spoon batter onto griddle or Belgium waffler.
- Sprinkle honey crunch wheat germ lightly on top of each pancake or waffle before closing waffle iron.
- Cook until lightly browned around edges.
- Top with desired toppings- butter, syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream or ?.
- Makes 8 pancakes / 3 large waffles.