- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 kg blade steaks or 1 kg chuck steak, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 175 ml tomato sauce
- 450 ml water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole.
- Add the beef and fry briskly on all sides.
- Add the vegetables and fry a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, and stir into casserole.
- Cover and cook for 2 - 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.