Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 kg blade steaks or 1 kg chuck steak, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 175 ml tomato sauce
- 450 ml water
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole.
- Add the beef and fry briskly on all sides.
- Add the vegetables and fry a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, and stir into casserole.
- Cover and cook for 2 - 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
This is easily one of the best tasting beef stews I have ever had! The onlly thing I added was potatoes! So So Delish!!
Loved this. I did find that it had a little too much honey for me (that really is personal taste tough) so I toned it down the next time I made it for my in-laws who were extremely impressed :-). A good tip with this one is to make it the day before and leave it overnight. The flavours were even more amazing. Firm favourite in my family for winter!
Wow!! Fabulous. Not for a long time have I looked forward to a meal so eagerly!!! I made this in my slow cooker. Browned the meat off and threw it in. I also browned off and added some bacon chunks and some minced garlic. I cooked it on low for about 10 hours and the smell wafting through my house was just heavenly. I made a loaf of crusty white bread and served the stew in bowls with the bread on the side. My husband was most impressed and my two fussy toddlers enjoyed it immensely. This recipe is _definately_ a keeper!!! Thank you very very much.