Recipe by chia
this is a lovely refreshing appetizer, perfect for spring and summer.
Top Review by Alan in SW Florida
Chia, when I saw this posted as "Recipe of the Day", I knew exactly what I was going to have for lunch! I had everything but the dill already (next time will be sure to have!). I've always loved honeydew with prosciutto, but, never thought about lox with the melon. This was absolutely wonderful! The combination of sweetness, saltiness, and freshly ground pepper...Unbelievably good! Today, it was lunch, but this will surely be a hit as an appetizer. Thanks, so much, for posting. Alan
- 1 honeydew
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 16 slices smoked salmon (lox)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon snippedfresh dill (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- cut honeydew into quarters, remove the seed and rind.
- cut each quarter into 4 thin wedges and sprinkle with lime juice.
- wrap a slice of salmon around the center of each wedge and place 2 on individual plates.
- sprinkle with pepper and dill before serving.