Recipe by Dreamgoddess
I found this recipe in an old cookbook and thought it sounded interesting. I can't wait to try it!
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is really delicious without the red pepper out of preference. I also think it would be wonderful without the greens for which I used baby romaine and it was good that way. I used apple cider vinegar with the mother in it, unrefined sunflower oil, freshly squeezed lime juice, creamed honey, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and the rest. I may make this again without the greens!!
- lettuce leaves or salad greens, of your choice
- 1 honeydew melon, cut in cubes
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Line salad plates with lettuce leaves or salad greens of your choice.
- In a bowl, combine the melon, celery, red peppers, walnuts and parsley.
- Put equal amounts on each salad plate.
- For the dressing, combine the lime juice, vinegar, oil, honey.
- Mix well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle over the salad right before serving.