Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
The addition of Midori makes for a special granita. I found this in my Sam's flyer. Cook time iz freezing time
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups diced ripe honeydew melon
- 1⁄2 Midori melon liqueur
- 1 1⁄4 cups chilled Brut champagne or 1 1⁄4 cups sparkling apple juice
- Stir Sugar and water in large saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves, cool.
- Puree melon and whisk in 1 cup cool sugar syrupmix in Midori and champange.
- pour into 8X8 baking panFreeze mixture until icy around the edges ( about 45 min) Use a fork to rake the edges toward the center, repeat raking every 30 min until frozen through about 5 hours.
- Cover and keep frozen until serving, keep well.
- Garnish with melon cubes or strawberries.