Recipe by Studentchef
This comes from the IGA line of recipes. I don't know if Roquefort cheese is available outside of Quebec, but it is a blue cheese, so you can substitute another blue cheese for it.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Perfect side dish to BBQ. Super easy, super different, great recipe for summer. YUMMO! I used Salem Blue Cheese with great results and I'll definitely make this again. I think you could absolutely throw some cantaloupe in the mix or even sub it for the honeydew.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 small honeydew melon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 (100 g) package Roquefort cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a light syrop by boiling together water, honey and citrus zest (lemon and orange) in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the melon cubes in a shallow dish and add the syrup. Toss gently to coat melons. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain off syrup (leaving the zest) and add the grapes.
- Place in decorative cups (or not depending what you have). Sprinkle with the Roquefort cheese (or any other blue cheese you like to use).