Recipe by Melanie B.
Last summer when my son and I were constantly experimenting with granitas, ice creams, and fruit smoothies I came up with this fun adult version. It is very light and not overly sweet.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sparkling wine
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups honeydew melon, roughly cubed
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine melon, strawberries, and lime juice in a blender. Blend until smooth and strain. Pour into a medium sauce pot with sugar. Heat until the sugar dissolves, no need to boil.
- Remove from heat and add sparkling wine.
- Pour into an 11x7 inch baking dish, cover and freeze for about 1 hour. Remove from freezer and scrape with a fork every 30-45 minutes. Repeat this process for about 4 hours, or until granita is light and fluffy.
- Serve in a pretty glass of your choice with a sprig of mint.