Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Family Circle magazine, June 2013 issue. It says, “Chilled fruit soups are perfect for hot days when you want something light. This pretty puree of melon, mint and yogurt is a great summer appetizer – and a breeze to make.” Cook time doesn’t include several hours of refrigeration time.
- 8 cups honeydew melon, cubed (medium ripe, save about 8 small balls to garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf (set aside some chopped mint for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt, garnish
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped (garnish) (optional)
- Add first 5 ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to combine, then process until smooth. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
- To serve, divide soup among 4 bowls. Stir a tablespoon of the yogurt into each bowl. Toss a couple of the melon balls, mint, and pistachios (if using) into each.
Love, love, love this soup! Absolutely wonderful!!!