Recipe by tomsawyer
From June All You 2011. If you wanted a little more lime and some more texture you could add some zest to it. in addition you could also swap the honeydew with another melon and can also use lemon juice if preferred.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar in a small pan with 3 tablespoons water and lime juice.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, around three minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut honeydew in half, remove seeds, peel and chop into chunks.
- Transfer to a food processor.
- Add sugar mixture and salt.
- Process until slushy.
- Transfer mixture to a 9-inch metal square baking pan and freeze for an hour.
- Stir with a fork to break up chunks around the edges.
- Freeze until completely frozen or about 2 hours longer.
- Continue stirring with fork every 30 minutes to loosen ice crystals.
- Serve in chilled glasses or bowls.