Prep 12 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An easy no-cook desert I found on Prevention.com. GREAT for summer months. I have yet to come across "greek style" yogurt so I sub lowfat plain yogurt instead or use vanilla flavored yogurt and skip the sugar all together. Have fun and experiment!!
- 1 cup honeydew melon, chunks
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint leaves (Plus extra for garnish- optional)
- 16 ounces plain fat free Greek yogurt (Original recipe uses Fage Total)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- Place melon, mint, 1 cup of the yogurt, and 1 tablespoon of the sugar into blender and puree until smooth. Transfer puree to plastic container. Repeat with blueberries, remaining 1 cup yogurt, and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and transfer to another plastic container.
- Freeze purees for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes to break up ice crystals.
- Remove from freezer a few minutes before serving. Spoon mounds of each frozen puree into 4 glass dessert cups or wine glasses and garnish with mint leaves. (If purees are too firm to serve, microwave on medium power to soften slightly, about 10 seconds.).
- Prep time aprox. 12 minutes.
- Chill time 2 hours.