Recipe by Chef*Lee
If you have never had a honeycrisp apple, get one now!!! They only come around once a year and they really live up to their name!! They are sweet, tart, firm and crisp with a honey flavor. They are the best apples on the planet!! I made this salad with the beloved honeycrisp apple and a balsamic dressing with ceylon cinnamon. Ceylon cinnamon is citrusy and less strong than cassia cinnamon so it is subtle in this dressing. I hope you like my salad!
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Delicious! For myself, I have to be careful with cured meats, so I only ate a little bit of the prosciutto with my serving. I am also a huge fan of honeycrisps. Thanks for posting!
- 2 honeycrisp apples, with skin on and chopped into bite-size cubes
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 5 slices prosciutto, sliced into pieces
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon
- 3 scallions, chopped (green onions)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated (optional)