Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious and everyone loves them!!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups whole pecans
- Combine sugar, honey and water in a medium saucepan and stir well to mix.
- Bring this mixture to a boil (DO NOT STIR, so use a non-stick saucepan).
- Once the mixture begins to boil, cook it until it reaches a soft ball stage (240 degrees on a candy thermometer). Again, DO NOT STIR.
- Remove from heat and add flavorings, then stir to blend.
- Allow this mixture to cool to a lukewarm temperature.
- Once it becomes lukewarm, beat this with a hand mixer until it becomes creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add pecans and stir until they are completely coated.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon onto wax paper and cool completely.