Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice after school treat for children.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box honeycomb cereal
- 1 lb white candy coating (this is found in the baking section sometimes called almond bark or candy coating)
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, stir the confectionary coating and peanut butter until smooth, about 10 minutes. Pour over the cereal; stir until well coated. Immediately spread onto two greased baking sheets; cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
This is a tasty little treat, and all who tried it liked it very much! I'll add in some more stuff next time to break up the sweetness, maybe some pretzels or dry roasted peanuts, and perhaps some m&m's for color. They don't add sweetness, right? :-) Anyway, this is a fun treat!