Recipe by Stardustannie
I was never a lover of cheesecake till I came across this recipe (now I cant keep away from the stuff :) ) I've served it over and over again and always get rave reviews from friends. It's a very easy recipe...beginner cooks can put this one together no problems.
Top Review by lindy-loo
Lovely cheesecake, also advantage of being able to feed it to pregnant people/ children as no raw eggs! I used 3 crunchie bars (I'm from Scotland), and butter biscuits. I have to point everyone that eats it in the direction of the recipe as everyone wants to make it and presumably eat it (lots). Delicious! yum yum yum
- 250 g packet honey snap biscuits
- 90 g butter
- 14.78 ml gelatin
- 59.14 ml water
- 375 g cream cheese
- 118.29 ml caster sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 violet crumble chocolate candy bars (Chocolate covered honeycomb bars)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt Butter, add biscuit crumbs, mix well.
- Press mixture into a base of 22cm spring form tin.
- Refrigerate while making filling.
- Place water in a small bowl, sprinkle with gelatine, heat on medium in microwave for 30-40 seconds,DO NOT BOIL.
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl, add sugar and vanilla essence, beat until smooth with electric mixer.
- Beat cream in a seperate bowl until soft peaks form.
- Stir gelatin mixture into cream cheese mixture, add cream and crushed honeycomb bars mix well,pour into crust.
- Refrigerate until set.