Recipe by Robs415
A Martha Stewart recipe. Baking soda is the secret to achieving an airy texture. Whisking it in at the last minute gives the brittle its namesake appearance. Honey is used to sweeten the caramel.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Was a little hesitant to try this, but we do love brittle around here, so . . . Worked out just great, & your recipe makes for a nicely satisfying candy! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 12-by-17-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Bring sugar, honey, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in baking soda just until combined and mixture bubbles.
- Gently pour mixture onto baking sheet without spreading. Let cool.
- Break into pieces.
- Brittle can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.