A Martha recipe that is SOO simple with easy ingredients. Serve with oven roasted sweet potato wedges and steamed broccoli. Cook time includes prep time
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a dutch oven or ovenproof skillet, heat the butter and honey over medium heat, stirring to melt butter.
- Season the pork with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and place in pan.
- Cook until underside is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Turn pork, and cook until other side is browned, about 5 min more.
- (Lower the heat if the honey begins to burn.) Put the pan in the oven, and roast until the pork is just cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the pork to a plate and cover with foil to rest.
- Add the water to the pan, and stir over medium heat to scrape up all the browned bits.
- Add any accumulated pork juices from the plate, and simmer until sauce is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Slice the pork on the diagonal and served drizzled with the sauce.
Totally delish! I made this as stated, except I added about a teaspoon of chipotle pepper powder to the salt and pepper used to season the pork on half of it (left one half as is). That added a nice zing to the recipe for us. Both sides were wonderful - the spicier and the sweeter ones were succulent, tender, moist, and delicious. You do have to monitor the heat to make sure the butter and honey don't burn, but this an outstanding recipe, whether you add a zingier spice or not. We're going to freeze the leftovers to make a stew, and we just know it's going to be superb, because the orignal dish was. Great dish, CC - thank you!
I just made this tonight and it was FABULOUS!
I had a 2 lb Pork Tenderloin (two long, skinny pieces) & cut them up into 3" - 4" pieces so each diner would have his own and to insure the ends would not cook too quickly.
Well ~ after browning the pieces for 5 minutes on each side (there were 5), I tested one and, it was PERFECT!
NOT RED .... succulent and PERFECT ....
So, I just removed & covered the pork while I made the sauce in my LeCreuset according to the directions ...
This dish is a KEEPER!!
Could NOT be easier!
Thanks so much!
Very good! Tender and moist with great flavor! Will definitely make again. I sprinkled each side with fresh cracked black pepper, chiptole pepper and a little garlic salt. I also added a little minced garlic to the butter and honey.