Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonderful and easy recipe to make for a number of occasions. It is good as a dessert to have after a big meal, but it also makes a good cake to eat with your coffee in the mornings. It is a favorite around our house, especially during the holiday season.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the first four ingredients well.
- In a smaller bowl mix the 1 cup brown sugar with the 3 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into a greased 9"x13" pan.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon brown sugar mixture over the top of the batter in the pan.
- Cover with the remaining half of batter.
- Take a knife and swirl it through the batter several times.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- When there is about 10 minutes left for your cake to bake, in a medium sized bowl use a mixer to mix your 2 cups of confectioners sugar, 4 tablespoons milk, and 1 tablespoon vanilla.
- Pour this icing over the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. (This does not make thick icing, so don't worry over the thin consistency.).
Just baked this cake, and I must say it's GREAT!!!!!! OMG my family loved it? Thank you for sharing
This cake is delicious and easy to make!
Any diabetic should steer clear even to be in the same room with this. It is AWESOME! I made one - it was gone by the next day and made two more pans for a BBQ with friends - both gone!