Recipe by Heather Dee
This is a wonderful and easy recipe to make for a number of occasions. It is good as a dessert to have after a big meal, but it also makes a good cake to eat with your coffee in the mornings. It is a favorite around our house, especially during the holiday season.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the first four ingredients well.
- In a smaller bowl mix the 1 cup brown sugar with the 3 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into a greased 9"x13" pan.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon brown sugar mixture over the top of the batter in the pan.
- Cover with the remaining half of batter.
- Take a knife and swirl it through the batter several times.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- When there is about 10 minutes left for your cake to bake, in a medium sized bowl use a mixer to mix your 2 cups of confectioners sugar, 4 tablespoons milk, and 1 tablespoon vanilla.
- Pour this icing over the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. (This does not make thick icing, so don't worry over the thin consistency.).