Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Marinades accomplish several things. They all need 3 basic components: Acid (or citrus juice, wine, vinegar) acts as a tenderizer, Fat (olive oil, salad oil, or melted butter) adds moisture to very lean meat and fish. And seasonings add flavor. If you have one of each, chances are you will have created an excellent marinade.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried mint, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.