Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 20 mins
I make this bread once a week. Everyone seams to love this bread. Its my most requested. I played with ingredients over and over until I got it right. Very simple and very good ya too! This creates a VERY fluffy bread. Its almost as fluffy as white bread. The trick is the xantham gum and wheat gluten.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Add liquid ingredients to your bread machine.
- Add all dry ingredients but the yeast and pecans.
- Pour yeast on top in a dry area.
- Set bread machine for a 1.5 LB Loaf
- Choose your Crust, I normally use Medium or Dark.
- Push Start.
- Crush up pecans. When add/nut timer beeps add pecans.
I had everything on hand except for the wheat gluten yet it turned
out tasty and not dry-unlike some whole wheat breads, especially those made in an ABM. Batter looked very wet and went ahead and added additional 1/2 cup whole wheat flour. Next time I prepare this recipe, I'll use the dough setting and hand shape to bake in the oven. Enjoyed it again this afternoon toasted with a little bit of butter and our daughter liked it with peanut butter. Thanks for posting!