Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sublimely orange-y, healthy and sweetened with honey. These freeze well, if desired. Recipe is credited to Kristi Towns of Littleton, Colorado and is from the La Leche League International Cookbook "Whole Foods for the Whole Family."
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 cups orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together dry ingredients- flour, powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Beat together wet ingredients- eggs, oil, honey, zest and juice.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until just moistened.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins and bake about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
EAsy to make but I just did not find much flavour to them!!
These are a very basic muffin with a mild orange taste. Nice if you want something really subtle and healthy too.