Recipe by Briar Rose
I liked this one bread recipe but it was lacking some of the healthy additions I like so much in my bread.
Top Review by amy.cleaveland
Wonderful flavor! I baked mine at 335F for 38 min; it turned out quite light and fluffy. The dough was somewhat wet when I took it out of the bread machine; it sprawled out on the baking sheet more than normal since I baked it in a single round loaf. (Next time I'll do 2 loaves instead.) I did substitute cornmeal for half of the ground flax seed, and I used exclusively white flour since I'd run out of ww. I was looking for a recipe with both oats and flax seed, and this is a winner! Thanks for posting :)
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄8 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- The easy way: Throw it all into a bread machine and select dough. When finished proceed to step 9.
- The hard way: Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, molasses, honey and salt and mix well.
- Add yeast mixture and then gradually add flours.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place in buttered bowl and let rise until double.
- Punch down and let rest for a few minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 parts and shape into loaves.
- Place in greased pans and let rise for about an hour.
- Bake at 375* for 35 to 40 minutes.