Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great recipe that doesn't need a bread machine.
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packets yeast
- 3 cups warm water
- 7 cups white flour
- 8 cups wheat flour
- Mix milk, butter, sugar, honey and salt in a sauce pan and heat until the butter melts. Remove from heat and cool to luke-warm.
- Mix yeast and warm water and set aside.
- Mix yeast, butter mixture, and half of the flour together with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add remaining flour, or enough to make the dough soft.
- Knead until smooth and satiny, about 10 minutes.
- Let rise, punch it down and divide into four greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.