Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Amazing bread! The best I've tasted yet, and I've tried a lot of them...
Make and share this Honey Whole Wheat Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast (1 packet)
- 2 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄8 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Combine butter, molasses, honey and salt and mix well.
- Add yeast mix and gradually add the flours.
- Knead until smooth.
- Place in an oiled bowl and let rise until double (about 2 hours).
- Punch down and let the dough rest for about 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half and shape into loaves.
- Place the loaves in greased pans and let rise for about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
The last time I made bread was, oh, 35 years ago. I tried cinnamon rolls 20 years ago and they were a little better then a rock. So as you can tell, I don't know much about making any types of yeast doughs. With that said here is the play by play action as I was making this... I proofed the yeast first in 1/2 cup of the water @ 110 degrees and a little sugar in it. After I added all the flour the dough seamed sticky so I added about 3/4 cup more. Still sticky but I did not want it to turn into a brick. So into the warm microwave it goes. WooHoo, 1 hour and it is rising!! The second rise went well also, the bread looks so nice in the pans. The house smells so good now that the bread is baking. I can't wait to have a piece in the morning. I baked the bread in my Pamper Chef stoneware pans. This bread was so easy to make, that I think I'll be making bread from now on! Thank you for posting this *FANTASTIC* recipe. It is a KEEPER! Made for *Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup 2009* game