Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Easy and yummy! Great with soup
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add liquids and stir until just combined.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and form into a rectangle. Cut into 12 squares.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Delicious! I loved the subtle sweetness that the honey gave. I was a little concerned that these would be too heavy since they just used whole wheat flour, but that was not a problem at all. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2011.
Great recipe! My husband loved it!. I used melted butter in place of oil. Also used round cutter.
These are not biscuits, they are delicious. But should not be considered when soaking up gravy, or the like. They have a texture similar to light cornbread and have a lovely flavor, but if you want biscuit texture, go elsewhere.