1/1 Photo of Honey Wheat Tortillas
Yes, once again I've composed a recipe that recreates those same pricey flavored tortillas you can buy in the store- for less the cost, slightly less the calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a cup, microwave water, butter and honey for a 30 seconds (enough to melt butter).
- 2In a bowl measure out your flour.
- 3Pour water mixture over flour and mix with rubber spatula
- 4Knead with hands. If dough is too dry add a little water, if too wet add a little flour. (however this shouldn't be necessary).
- 5Dough should form about 5 small balls. Set each one in the bowl.
- 6Cover with a damp cloth/ paper towel.
- 7Let rest 10 minutes.
- 8One by one, flatten each ball between your palms then set it on wax paper and roll out your tortillas as thin as you can.
- 9Heat up your griddle or skillet over low heat. Do not grease.
- 10Carefully peel your tortilla from the paper and place into hot skillet.
- 11Let sit in skillet for 2-5 seconds, then begin to flip repeatedly to prevent burning. Allowing about 5-8 seconds per side until dough becomes dull in color and small golden bubbles appear on the tortilla - this means they are ready!
- 12Remove from heat and enjoy them warm or let them cool.
- 13They can be refrigerator stored in air tight bag - Ready to use for all your favorite snack wrap combination. (If tortillas seem too stiff taken straight out of refrigerator, they can be microwaved for a few seconds to soften them again).
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Wheat Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 26.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g