Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Delicious and easy to make. The whole family loved this one, especially the kids. Makes a very large loaf, about 1 1/2 pound.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted) or 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (roasted and salted)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Add all but the sunflower seeds and raisins in your bread machine in the order listed.
- Set to the whole wheat, large loaf setting.
- Allow your machine to make dough into a ball before adding seeds and raisins.
- Allow your machine to do the rest until bread is finished baking.
- Remove loaf etirely from machine and baste with melted butter or margarine while still very warm. This will keep the crust fresh and soft.
- When bread is cool you may slice and store in an airtight container or storage bag.
My family (young and older) love the flavor and texture of this great Whole Wheat Bread. My two granddaughters call and ask if I am making the Sunflower Raisin Bread so they can come over and eat it warm out of the bread machine!! Rocknana
Excellent toasted with butter! I substituted craisins for the raisins and it came out wonderful. Plan to make it again for sure.