Recipe by Some1sGrandma
Delicious and easy to make. The whole family loved this one, especially the kids. Makes a very large loaf, about 1 1/2 pound.
Top Review by patfriesen
My family (young and older) love the flavor and texture of this great Whole Wheat Bread. My two granddaughters call and ask if I am making the Sunflower Raisin Bread so they can come over and eat it warm out of the bread machine!! Rocknana
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted) or 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (roasted and salted)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all but the sunflower seeds and raisins in your bread machine in the order listed.
- Set to the whole wheat, large loaf setting.
- Allow your machine to make dough into a ball before adding seeds and raisins.
- Allow your machine to do the rest until bread is finished baking.
- Remove loaf etirely from machine and baste with melted butter or margarine while still very warm. This will keep the crust fresh and soft.
- When bread is cool you may slice and store in an airtight container or storage bag.