Recipe by KimmieOH
Honey, whole wheat and just a little bit of butter are just a few ingredients that make up these tasty country style sandwich rolls. They freeze well too!
Top Review by BowerBird
Oh my!! I wish I could give this one 10 stars, you must try these rolls! Soft, tender, and with a lovely hint of honey flavour... I didn't have any whole-wheat flour, and made these with plain bread flour, and they were perfect! The dough comes together beautifully, very easy to make. I've made these rolls twice this past week, they were a huge hit with my family and a definate keeper.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press start.
- When dough cycle has finished, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out 3/4 inch thick. Cut out rolls with a 3 to 4 inch diameter biscuit cutter.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets; cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes. When rolls are finished baking, brush with melted butter.