Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are a great if you need a last minute addition to a meal. They go together fast, taste good and are good for you. I like to serve with honey butter. From the Makeover Moms.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (original recipe suggests 1%)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush the insides of 10 muffin cups very well with the melted butter. Set aside.
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, and honey in a medium bowl. Add the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about half full.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately.
I modified the recipe to 2/3c whole wheat flour and 1/3c vital wheat gluten and baked at 350 for 35 minutes in a well buttered metal muffin pan. They turned out great with a tough chewy crust and super airy center. My bf gobbled down 5 with broccoli cheddar soup at dinner. Very easy to make. Oh, I also let the milk and eggs reach room temperature before mixing. Thanks for posting!
These were so yummy. 30 minutes at 375 wasn't enough to cook them, though. Not for my oven. I left them in for an extra 10 minutes and they were nice and brown. They didn't puff up as much as I thought they would, though, but they were still good. Had them with honey butter for breakfast.