Recipe by Munchkin Mama
These are a great if you need a last minute addition to a meal. They go together fast, taste good and are good for you. I like to serve with honey butter. From the Makeover Moms.
Top Review by shyvilette27
I modified the recipe to 2/3c whole wheat flour and 1/3c vital wheat gluten and baked at 350 for 35 minutes in a well buttered metal muffin pan. They turned out great with a tough chewy crust and super airy center. My bf gobbled down 5 with broccoli cheddar soup at dinner. Very easy to make. Oh, I also let the milk and eggs reach room temperature before mixing. Thanks for posting!
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (original recipe suggests 1%)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush the insides of 10 muffin cups very well with the melted butter. Set aside.
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, and honey in a medium bowl. Add the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about half full.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve immediately.