Recipe by Lainey6605
These healthy pancakes are a great way to start your day. They are thick and tender with a hint of honey and cinnamon. These can be frozen for a quick weekday breakfast, too. Recipe is from Healthy Cooking.
Top Review by Annacia
I was able to make these almost totally fat free by using Recipe #55564 and making sour milk with skim milk. Splenda was used in place of the honey. I thinned the batter just a bit because I wanted the cakes a little thinner. I love the banana in this recipe, what a great idea. They are delicious and healthy and were just the thing for a Sunday brunch in Fall.
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- fresh fruit (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Combine the eggs, buttermilk, banana and honey; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top.
- Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve with fruit and/or syrup, if desired.