- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast (or one packet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put into bread pan in the order suggested by your machine's manufacturer: Set the machine for the regular white bread cycle, and if you can adjust the darkness, you don't want this to get too dark.
- If you prefer a softer crust, easier to slice for sandwiches, then as soon as you take it out of the pan, put it right into a large plastic bag, and close tightly.
- The hot bread will steam the crust and make it very soft.