Recipe by Dawn Vezina
This recipe is from Steph's Country Kitchen Goodness.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
These muffins are so light and so very tasty. I used the combo of applesauce and vegetable oil instead of just using oil. I baked these for 20 minutes at 180C. I shared them with a friend who said they were wonderful and asked me for the recipe. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (or use 2 tbsp. each oil and applesauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat egg, honey, milk, and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375º for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Yield: 6 muffins.
- (You could get 8 muffins out of this batter, though).