Recipe by the_cookie_lady
From Weight Watchers: 365-day Menu Cookbook. These can be successfully frozen and reheated. Makes 12 muffins.
Top Review by Outta Here
If you are looking for a sweet muffin, look elsewhere, but if you want a filling morning muffin to go with coffee, or with some jam on it, this is a good one. Would be good for a light lunch with a bowl of soup, also. Batter is quite thin, but they baked up nicely.
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 3 ounces uncooked old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup minus 1 tbl whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine buttermilk and oats in small mixing bowl. Set bowl in pan of hot water for 5 minutes; stir. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine honey and vegetable oil with buttermilk mixture. In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir. Add to buttermilk mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Divide batter evenly amongst 12 nonstick muffin cups (spray cups with cooking spray or use paper liners if the pan is not nonstick). Bake about 30 minutes or until lightly browned and a cake tester, when inserted in center, comes out clean. Serve warm.