- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine buttermilk and oats in a small saucepan; heat just until warm; set aside.
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine honey and vegetable oil with oat mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into wet mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.