Created this recipe from a white french bread recipe adding a little more nutrition to it. Makes two 18 inch long loaves. Hearty, chewy without being overly heavy. Prep time does not include rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You can mix this in a 2 lb automatic bread machine, but I mixed and knead for.
- 25 minutes in my KitchenAid.
- 3Then using more olive oil,oil the bowl
- 4and turn the dough a couple times to coat.
- 5Cover with a wet towel and let raise in an unlit oven for 2 hours, punch down, knead between hands and then let rise another 90 minutes.
- 6Punched down, knead and shape
- 7into two equal 18 inch ropes and place in sprayed pans to rise again for 1 hour.
- 8Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until browning on top and sounds hollow when thumped on bottom.
- 9Remove from oven and brush
- 10tops with butter, if you want soft crusts.
- 11Let cool before slicing.
- 12Store in airtight bags.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Wheat French Bread
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g