Recipe by AmyBurgess
Makes a 2 lb loaf in a bread machine, using the whole wheat setting. Tastes best if served toasted. To run on a delay cycle, substitute water for milk and add 4 tablespoons dry milk at the end of the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup white cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients in to the bread machine in the order listed, or the order recommended by your bread machine manufacturer.
- Run on the whole wheat cycle.
- Allow to cool for at least one hour before slicing.
- For best taste, slice & toast, serve with butter & honey.