Recipe by KatMcC
You can make this in a bread machine as well as an oven. This was on a box of Krusteaz Zoom, Quick hot cereal. My 6 year old son wanted me to make it, so I made it into rolls, because I knew my DH wouldn't eat it and I can't because of gluten intollerance. So I wanted something that I could stick in the freezer so he could eat it slowly over a period of time. I had to try some even though I knew I shouldn't so I know that they are great!
Top Review by COOKGIRl
This is a good, basic bread that was easy to make. I used a food processor to mix the dough then continued with Step #2. Used local clover honey. Thank you for posting the recipe. It's been printed on the side box of Krusteaz for years! I would like to try shaping into rolls next time.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (110 degrees - 115 degrees F)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup Zoom quick hot cereal
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend oil, honey and warm water in large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with yeast and let stand 3 minutes. Stir in Krusteaz Zoom Cereal, whole wheat flour and salt. Add 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and salt. Stir vigorously 1 minute. Add enough remaining flour to make an easy to handle dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface 12-15 minutes or until smooth and elastic, but not sticky. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to lightly coat all sides. Cover with a cloth.
- Let rise in a warm, draft-free place until double in size (about 1 hour). Punch dough down.
- Shape dough into a loaf and place in a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Cover with a cloth and let rise again until double in size (about 45 minutes).
- Bake at 375 degrees F 35-45 minutes or until ground brown and loaf sounds hollow when lightly tapped. Remove bread from pan to wire rack; cool.
- BREAD MACHINE INSTRUCTIONS.
- (For a 1 1/2 - 2 lb loaf capacity machine).
- Place all ingredients in bread pan, adding yeast last. (Some machines may require a yeast adjustment.) Select regular or whole wheat cycle. After the baking cycle ends, remove bread from pan to wire rack; cool.