Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This bread is hearty and nutritious. The honey lends excellent flavor, while the chia gel and flax meal give it a nutrional boost. It is great as a sandwich bread or toast.
- 1 cup milk, room temp
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds, soaked in
- 2 tablespoons water (see note)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients into bread machine in the order listed and mix on the "dough" cycle. Punch down dough after the cycle is complete and roll into a sandwich loaf and place in a well-greased bread pan. Allow dough to rise in a warm location for about 45-60 minutes, then bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Optional - brush the dough with milk or egg wash prior to baking.
- * Note - prior to making this recipe, soak chia seeds in water to create a chia gel. I keep a fair amount of chia gel in my fridge and use about 2 tbsp of chia gel in this recipe, however food.com does not recognize Chia Gel as an ingredient.
I really love this recipe! I substituted the chia gel for a flax and chia blend, but it worked just as well. The recipe was easy to follow and the Bread was delicious and nutritious! Thank you Kristiano129!!
This is a really poor photo, but my family attacked this bread before I could even get a photo so it was all I had. But maybe not a great photo but certainly a great bread. Perfect for toast, sandwiches or just eating plain. This is a real keeper and I'll be making again and again. Thanks so much for posting this. Turned out soft and full of flavor and was gone in one day.
I have made with 1/2cup of chia seeds instead, as i don ve flaxseeds around. The bread turn out to be quite moist at the bottom? baked at 190c for 40mins. Pls do shed some light here? Thanks