Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs 40 mins
Easy and light recipe for a regular loaf of wheat bread.
- 1 1⁄8 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Load ingredients in the order given.
- Set your machine for regular or delayed bake cycle.
Karen, this is the BEST bread recipe! It has a wonderful taste and was so very easy to make! Thank you so much! :)
I used the bread machine for the dough cycle and first rise, then removed from the machine, shaped and let rise again, baked in a stoneware loaf pan. Wonderful! Next time I'll double the recipe for a larger loaf, we ate the entire loaf (still warm!) as a snack!
This was perfect! I added 1 T. vital wheat gluten, and this rose to fill my bread machine pan perfectly. It was soft on the inside, with a nice crust, and is identical to the honey wheat bread my DH prefers (except for the shape, of course).