Recipe by Donut Chef
A delicious, even grained, slightly sweet, light wheat bread. Serve with honey butter if desired.
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 5 teaspoons instant active dry yeast
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 4 cups white wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all together. I use a bread machine on dough cycle or a kitchenaid mixer. Let the machine mix it and add additional flour until the dough feels like patting a baby's back.
- Rise in the bread machine or oil, cover and rise inside a slightly warm oven.
- Shape into two loaves. Place in greased pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes at 350° or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped top and bottom.
- Place on cooling rack.
- Slice when cooled.