Recipe by SponGe
This is a slightly altered version of a very good honey wheat bread found here. Prep time includes the time spend rising the bread.
- 1 (7 g) package fast rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water (warm for rising yeast)
- 12 ounces water
- 1⁄3 cup powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups bread flour or 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water.
- Combine 1/4 cup oil, water, powdered milk in a sauce pan and stir together, heat till slightly warm.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine liquid mix above with the white flour.
- Let rest 15 minutes.
- Slowly incorporate wheat flour.
- Knead dough by hand or with bread hook for approximately ten minutes.
- Place dough in a buttered bowl and turn to coat.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and rise for one hour.
- Punch down and divide in half (by weight if possible).
- Form into loaves and place in a buttered 9x5 loaf pans.
- Butter the top of the dough and cover loosely with wrap.
- Let rise in warm area until doubled (about 45 minutes).
- Place about a 1 1/2 cups water in cake pan and put on the bottom oven rack, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes.