From the Paula Deen magazine. This is a hearty slightly sweet beer bread. I have made with the honey wheat beer called for as well as regular beer and flavored beers. The baked bread may be frozen for later use. If you like, the dry ingredients can also be made into a mix and labeled with instructions for later use.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly greast a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Add 1/4 c honey and beer, stirring well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Brush 1 tablespoon honey and melted butter over dough.
- Bake 50 minutes.