Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Family Circle, this is quick and low-cal.
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, trimmed and sliced
- 1 green pepper, trimmed and sliced
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 cup glazed walnuts
- .combine teriyake, ketchup, honey vinegar, 3/4 cup water and cornstarch. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and cook briefly, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Remove and reserve.
- Add scallops to pan; sprinkle with five spice powder. Cook over medium-high heat until just cooked through, turning once, about 5 minutes. Add peppers back to pan. Pour in teriyaki mix and cook, stirring, until thickened. Top with walnuts and serve over cooked rice.