Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
From whatscookingamerica.com. This makes 12 bruschettas.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup dried pears, cut in 1/4-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence (or mixed Italian herbs)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 16 ounces French bread, slice loaf diagonally in 1/2 inch slices
- 4 ounces goat cheese (plain, without herbs)
- Preheat the broiler of your oven.
- Coarsely chop 1 cup of the walnuts; chop the remaining cup of nuts finely. Place all the nuts in a large bowl and add the honey, dried pears, herbes de Provence, coriander, orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice and salt. Beat vigorously until completely mixed; set aside.
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Cut the goat cheese into pieces; divide and place on top of the baguette slices. Using a knife, spread cheese uniformly on each baguette slice. Broil until cheese is just melted. (Broil about 4 inches from heat, just to warm the bread and soften the cheese -- watch closely as this only takes a moment or two).
- Top each baguette slice with a spoonful of Honey Walnut Spread and serve immediately.