Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Poundcake made with yellow cake mix.
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) containerstore-bought buttercream frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
- Mix the cake mix and all ingredients except the frosting.
- Mix on low speed for 30 seconds and then on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into pans.
- Bake 8-inch loaf pans for 50 to 60 minutes or 9-inch loaf pans for 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from the pans and cool completely.
- Place 1/2 cup of frosting in microwavable bowl, microwave uncovered for 15 seconds. Spread frosting over tops of loaves, allowing some to drizzle down the sides. For a special touch, sprinkle with chopped walnuts.