Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Best made a day before serving.
Make and share this Honey-Vanilla Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 100 g short-grain rice (e.g. Arborio)
- 1 1⁄4 liters milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 125 g honey
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- Take the zest from the lemon (rest will not be used) and chop it finely.
- Rinse the rice until clear.
- Bring milk, rice and zest to the simmer.
- Cut vanilla pod lengthwise in half, scrape the marrow into the pot and add the rest of the pod.
- Cook gently, stirring occasionally, until the rice is completely soft.
- Stir in the honey.
- Allow to cool.
- Remove the vanilla pod.
- Whip the cream until stiff and fold through the rice mixture.
- Pour into serving glasses or bowls and refrigerate for at least four hours.