This is a simple little pound cake with lots of flavour from the butter,honey and vanilla. Use a darker honey to get the most flavour, do not use buckwheat, it is too bitter; I use my favourite - wildflower honey. This cake is nice served with Honeyed Mixed Berries. Honeyed Mixed Berries Enjoy! Source: LCBO Food & Drink magazine
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
- Butter an 8 x 4-inch (1.5-L) metal loaf pan.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until very pale and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs until blended. Beat in honey and vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture in 2 additions, just until blended.
- Spread into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan and let cake cool completely on rack.
- Cut cake into slices with a serrated knife. Serve topped with Honeyed Mixed Berries.
This recipe went deliciously with berries and stove top cooked frosting! Thanks for sharing!
Delicious, you can really taste the honey in this one.
Very easy and delectable. Served with strawberry preserves and fresh whipped cream for a perfect summer treat!