Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 41/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes, until light. In a glass measuring cup combine the eggs , honey, vanilla and lemon zest. Combine egg mixture to butter cream slowly making sure eggs mix completely and scraping sides of bowl as you mix eggs.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. With the mixer on low speed, add flour mixture to butter and egg mixture very slowly just until combined. Finish mixing batter with a rubber spatula and pour into prepared baking pan. Smooth the top, bake for 50 to 60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center come out clean.