Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Honey coated nuts seeds and oats with sweet dried fruit make this an exceptional granola that is good for you. The hint of vanilla explodes in your mouth! I have tried many recipes and this is by far the best!!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon of high quality vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup other dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup other dried fruit
- Preheat oven the oven to 275 degrees.
- Mix together the oats, seeds and nuts in a large bowl.
- Heat oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and honey together in a saucepan until blended.
- Add honey mixture to oat mixture and stir well.
- Spread out the granola on one or two baking sheets and bake for 50 minutes or until desired crispness. Stir occasionally to prevent mixture from clumping.
- leave to cool and store in zip lock baggies.